Friday, June 24, 2011

I AM RICH!

S=Scripture, O=Observation, A=Application and P=Prayer

S-1 Timothy 6:10 “For the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil.”


O-Paul is warning and reminding people that money should be used to do good…but when acquiring money becomes an obsession it can lead to evil of all kinds. He encourages Timothy to pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness.


A-When the pursuit of money becomes first and foremost in our lives we can find ourselves becoming greedy and selfish. Our focus remains on ourselves and not on godly things like taking care of the widows, orphans and the poor. I Tim .6:7 says “We brought nothing into the world and we can take nothing out of it.” So during our short stay on earth we should be generously giving by taking care of those who are less fortunate than ourselves. We need to realize we cannot out give God…so when we give it comes back to us. I AM SO RICH! Though our household income is slight…I AM RICH! I have a loving family. We are healthy, my children are serving God, and I have beautiful and loving grandkids. I AM A CHILD OF THE KING…I AM RICH!


P-Thank you Lord for providing all my needs. Thank you for granting me a rich and full life.

No comments:

Post a Comment