Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Fearless at the Cliff-Edge of Doom!

by Cathy Weymouth

Tuesday 7/19/11 - 2 Kings 17; 2 Chronicles 28; Psalm 46; James 3 - Fearless at the Cliff-Edge of Doom

S - Psalm 46:1-2 MSG, God is a safe place to hide, ready to help when we need him.  We stand fearless at the cliff-edge of doom...

O - When we know God and His Faithfulness, we become fearless, even when things look hopeless or overwhelming.

A - I need to remember God's Faithfulness when I am approaching the cliff-edge of doom!  I sometimes become overwhelmed with anxiety when I sense things changing in the future.  I imagine what is happening is that I fear the worst rather than expect the best.  Where is my faith in these times?  I really believe that our Christian experience is simply a walk in faith.  Period.  And sometimes mine waivers...

P - Lord, when I am standing at the cliff edge, help me to remember that you have been there for me in the past so you will be there for me in the future.  I feel like I run ahead of myself at times.  May I instead step back right into your Presence and open arms.  You are my Refuge, my Hiding Place.  I need not fear. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment