Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I am His Personal Concern!

by Cathy Weymouth

Tuesday 7/26/11 - Isaiah 46-49; 1 Peter 5 - I am His Personal Concern!

S - 1 Peter 5:7 JBP, You can throw the whole weight of your anxiety upon him, for you are his personal concern.

O - In the context of talking about humility and how God gives grace to the humble, Peter mentions that since God so intimately cares for us, we can totally dump our anxiety on Him!  I love the wording, "You are his personal concern!"  This describes and reveals an intimate God.  In the HCSB versions, it says, "Casting all your care on Him because He cares about you."  In the Message it is worded, "Live carefree before God; he is most careful with you."

A - Casting, throwing the weight, of anxiety on someone else who is in control sure sounds better than carrying it ourselves! Let's dump it right on Him.  Give it right back!  I have been struggling lately and sometimes I'm overcome with anxiety, fear, and tears.  But I let the tears flow and I come back around to realizing I'm not trusting again. So today I throw the whole weight of my concern on my God who cares about me, for me, and is personally concerned.

P - Lord, forgive our unbelief and our human tendencies toward anxiety and worry.  I want to live the carefree life.  If I could remember that you are most careful with me, you have every hair numbered and every detail under control, then maybe I wouldn't walk so in fear.  Thank you so much for caring this deeply.  Love and hugs, Cathy!

No comments:

Post a Comment