Friday, July 15, 2011

“GO MARY GO…YOU CAN DO IT!”

S=Scripture - O=Observation - A=Application - P= Prayer

S--Hebrews 12:1 “Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a cloud of witnesses, let us throw off every thing that so easily entangles. Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.”

O--The writer of Hebrews likens the Christian walk to a race. The cloud of witnesses are the heroes of the faith who have come before us.

A--”Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.” According to this scripture my race has been especially marked out for me…not for Tom,
or Dick…but for me, Mary. I have been appointed cheerleaders to encourage me along the way! Now this is exciting! People who have already run their race, who know, not only the pitfalls and discouragements…but understand the challenge and elation of finishing the race! I also have my family and church family whose lives encourage me. The parents who tragically experienced the death of their teenage child…yet were able to forgive and go on to encourage others experience the same kind of loss; the young girl who was abandoned by her mom, yet went on to forgive and also encourage others; the very humble and lovely woman who was humiliated and broken by her husband who left her for a younger woman, she too forgave and then ministered to other women experience like pain. The heroes of the faith both past and present call out to me “GO MARY GO…YOU CAN DO IT!”

P--Thank you Father for those heroes past and present who encourage me daily, Help me, O Lord, to finish my race well and to encourage others to persevere in their race.

No comments:

Post a Comment