Sunday, July 24, 2011

Stand Firm

7/24/11

Isaiah 40-42; 1 Peter 3

S: Isaiah 40:8 (MSG). True the grass withers and the wildflowers fade; but our God’s Word stands firm forever.
O: God’s word endures forever.
A: What comfort there is in knowing that God’s word doesn’t change like the latest fad but stands firm forever. This is why I am able to trust in God’s word. I don’t have to wonder if he’s changed his mind or if I have fallen out of favor. God’s word is His word. If His Word tells me I am created in his image, was beautifully and wondrously made and that I cannot be separated from that love then I can trust in that. I belong to Him. Period.
P: Father God thank you that your word stands firm and endures forever. Thank you for being the one thing in my life that will not change. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment