Saturday, July 16, 2011

A Relentless Pursuit

S - Isaiah 26:8b-9 "The desire of our soul is for Your name, and for the remembrance of You. With my soul, I have desired You in the night. Yes, by my spirit within me, I will seek you early; For when your judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness."

O - In this passage, we glimpse the reletless pursuit of the prophet for God and for his kingdom to come. He pursues God day and night. He is not pursuing "goose bump" personal experiences and this is way more thatn a morning "quiet time" with God. He is passionate that God will be remembered and glorified. He is pursuing international revival where "the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness".
I often pursue God for my personal needs or the needs of family and friends. I could feel bad about this, or I could look at this, as simply a "road post" that tells me that there is more ahead for me, a deeper, greater call of God, an expansion that that God wants to do in my heart.

A - I need to pursue God and his kingdom not just my personal or family needs.

P - Lord, forgive me when my vision is limited and my pursuit of You so small. Give me a heart like Isaiah had. Let him be a divine mentor to me, showing me that there is much more for me than what I am currently experiencing. Expand my heart, fire up my desire for you and for your kingdom and glory. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment