Friday, November 18, 2011

"LATER"

Matthew 1-4
“Later”

S=Scripture, O=Objective, A=Application, P=Prayer
Amplified Bible

S-4:19 “And He (Jesus) said to them, Come after Me (as disciples-letting Me be your Guide), follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men!

O- Jesus is calling forth Simon (Peter) and his brother Andrew fishermen to be His disciples.

A- What if Peter and Andrew had said…”Later God, I must do this and that, I am just a fisherman what could You want with me.” I wonder if they thought…I am not a learned person, I don’t speak with eloquence and I smell like fish? When God calls us to follow Him do we drop everything like Peter and Andrew and follow Him? Or do we say…I’m too young…too old…I don’t know the Bible well enough…I’ve been divorced…I still smoke…I still drink? When God calls we need to remember He is God and He knows EVERYTHING about us…yet in spite of that (or maybe because of that) He still calls. We need to respond like those rough and unschooled men Peter and Andrew. verse 20 “At once they left their nets and ….followed Him.”

P-Thank You God that You are no respecter of persons…You have forgiven me of all my sins and You remember them against me NO more. You have a plan for my life…I want to hear Your voice and be obedient. Teach me to say Yes God.

No comments:

Post a Comment