Tuesday, November 1, 2011

He Walks Right By My Side!!

by Cathy Weymouth

Tuesday 11/1/11 Psalm 121; Mark 9,10 - He Walks Right By My Side!!

S = Scripture  O = Observation   A = Application   P = Prayer


S - Psalm 121:5 MSG, "God's your Guardian, right at your side to protect you."

O - Sometimes we may feel alone and troubled, anxious about life and details, feeling exposed and weighed down by the cares of this world.  But God!  He is my Guardian who promises to shield me, protect me, and guard my very life.

A - I left Barbados Sunday, after performing in a Gospel Concert there this weekend, with a phrase from one song going around and around in my head!  This phrase flew home with me on the plane and then I woke up with it still singing in my head the next morning,

"He walks right by my side.  He promised to be my guide.  I never have to worry, I never have to fret... He is good, He is good, He is good!"  

Then I read this verse above from Psalm 121 this morning! Yes, God has a message for me! I love how He continues to speak His messages to us so that it goes deep into our spirit.  He is my Guardian, right at my side, shielding and protecting me.  I never have to worry, never have to fret -

P - Father, you are a Good God!  You encourage us through scripture and song.  You send us out with messages of your Presence continually with us.  I pray today for anyone who is anxious - that they will fall back into Your trusting arms and relax.  You are good and your are walking right by their side!  Amen. Want to be encouragaed? Take a listen to this catchy song called Oh Taste and See.   Here is a short clip from the concert in Barbados. I love Learie's demonstration of God walking by my side!!

And here is the full version (worth listening to) sung by the original performing choir.  It may just encourage you today!

No comments:

Post a Comment