Monday, October 31, 2011

Clean Within

October 31, 2011 Job 22, Mark 7, 8

S: Mark 7:23 - “All these evil things come from within and defile a man.’

O: Jesus explained to His disciples that unclean comes from within a person, not from an unwashed hand or utensil. The evil and viciousness that is expressed by human nature doesn’t come from lack of hygiene, it can be harbored inside and that makes the person unclean and therefore defiles a man or woman.

A: Oh how well I know that the worse thing anyone said to me has come from my own thoughts, feelings or words! I can be my own worst enemy – and doesn’t our enemy love to use that against us to make us even more despicable within. I also know that all my terrible thoughts about another do nothing to anyone, but they certainly affect me. As a human I am weak; the evil and ugly come from within me. It can destroy me and my relationship with God and with those I love just as effectively as if I drank a cup of poison. But, as a child of God – I have His love, the blood of Jesus and the power of the Holy Spirit to protect me and keep me strong to fight off the filth of darkness.

P: How blessed I am to be a child of God! Father I am grateful that Your Word, Your Son and Holy Spirit are there for me every minute of my life. Help me to keep it all in my heart so that I can shine from within. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment