Thursday, October 6, 2011

Doing Business

October 6, 2011

Esther 9, 10; Luke 19

S: Luke 19:26 “For I say to you, that to everyone who does not have, even what he has will be taken from him.”

O: Jesus had just finished telling the parable of the minas. The last servant did nothing with his mina, which back then was a sizeable sum. The others multiplied the original sum for their master and in doing so, earned other rewards. The one servant who did not, lost the mina and anything else that may have come in the future.

A: God has given us many gifts. Jesus died for us – the ultimate gift! When I use my God-given gifts for God’s glory, I generate the opportunity to be rewarded with more. The more in my mind is everlasting life in the Kingdom of God. When I allow the light of Christ to water these gifts, I can grow like a weed; but if I stay in the dark, I will wither and dry out. I must take care of what God has already given me so that I can be prepared for the rest of what He has to offer me. I think it must be hurtful to Him when I don’t.

P: Father, there are times when I am wasteful and dishonor Your gifts to me. Please forgive me. I pray that I use my gifts to do Your will and receive Your blessings, all for the glory of Your Kingdom, to bless my life and others. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment