Thursday, October 27, 2011

Cause God Said So

October 27, 2011 – Job 18, Acts 27, 28

S=Scripture; O=Observation; A=Application; P=Prayer

S: Acts 27:25: ‘Therefore take heart men, for I believe God that it will be just as it was told me.’

O: Paul, other prisoners and crew on the ship are very nervous about their safety because of stormy seas. Paul admonishes all for not listening to his earlier warning, and asks them again to please listen now because God has a plan.

A: God spoke to Paul thru an angel. Paul believed the message simply because God said it would be so. He didn’t question the message, nor did he ask the five “Ws” – who, what, when, where and why. Paul just accepted what the angel told him and trusted because God said it would be. So why can’t I do the same thing?! I can hear God’s message, but I sometimes – well almost always - over analyze it trying to figure out what I think it really means. I need to discipline myself to stop asking those questions and act on faith – the faith that if God says so – then it will be and that is good enough for me.

P: Father, I am sorry when I keep asking why – I’m not two years old anymore and know better. I ask for the discipline to act on faith alone – Your word is all I need. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment