Friday, October 14, 2011

HER CHILDREN SHALL ARISE AND CALL HER “BLESSED”

Nehemiah 11,12; Psalm 1; Acts 3
S=Scripture, O=Objective, A=Application, P=Prayer

S-Psalm 1-3 “He is like a tree planted by the streams of water, which yields its fruit in season…Whatever he does prospers.”

O-David is talking about making choices…choose to hang with the wicked, sinners, or mockers, and eventually perish; or choose to delight in the Lord and to meditate night and day on His Word, and prosper.

A-The promise to those who delight in the Lord is that they will bear good fruit and prosper. It is not always easy to live a life that glorifies God. We often want our own way…the path seems easier. But God can strengthen us and encourage us when times are tough. I want to “bear good fruit,” I want my children to be able to follow my teachings and to “arise and call her “Blessed.”

P-Lord, forgive me for being lazy about meditating on Your Word night and day. Help me to hunger after You and Your will for my life. Thank You for giving me wonderful children, who love and serve you.

No comments:

Post a Comment