Saturday, October 29, 2011

He Who Has Ears To Hear, Let Him Hear!

October 29, 2011 Job 20; Mk. 3,4

S = Scripture O = Observation A = Application P = Prayer



S - Mark 4:9 ~ And He said to them, "He who has ears to hear, let him hear!"

O - Jesus is speaking to a great multitude His teaching was about the Parable of the Sower. The
seed being the Word of God, some seed fell by the wayside, some fell on stony ground, some
thorns and some on good ground. After the telling of the parable Jesus cries out "He who has ears to hear, let him hear!"

A - Every time I hear the Word of God being imparted to me, I want those seeds to fall on "good ground" so that I will become Christ like in character and produce a harvest for the kingdom,
but I know there have been times when the Word being ministered to me
fell by the wayside (that message was for someone else not me), the seed fell onto stony
ground (my heart was hard and I didn't want to receive it), the seed fell into thorny places
(that message angered me today, ouch!) Jesus is fully aware that I have ears to hear with
but He is also fully aware of distractions that may have occurred, or an irritation that came
my way right before the pastors message. His words "He who has ears to hear, let him
hear!" is His" hearts cry" to each of us throughout the generations to prepare our hearts and make ready (good soil) to receive the Words of His teaching by His Spirit. It only takes a
moment for me to bow my head and ask the Lord to prepare my heart before any message,
sermon or teaching is about to be sown into my heart. It only takes Him a moment to
prepare my heart to receive and to make sure that the seed falls onto good ground.

P - Lord Jesus, may my heart always be prepared in readiness to receive the seed that you
want to sow and may it always fall onto good ground because your Word is nourishment
and life to my spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment