Friday, October 21, 2011

“A MAN AFTER MY OWN HEART”

Job 9-10; Acts 13 & 14

S=Scripture, O=Objective, A=Application, P=Prayer

S- Acts 13:22b “I have found David son of Jesse a man after my own heart he will do everything I want him to do.”

O-Paul is sharing history with the people and he is telling them what God said about His servant David.

A-What better compliment can we get than to hear God say that I am a woman after His own heart. Wow! What made David so special to God. He was not perfect, though he did mighty things, he also did some sinful things. The Word says “he will do everything I want him to do.” So despite David’s frailties…he loved God and was obedient. I want God to say of me, that I am a woman after His own heart. Though I am nothing like David, and will never accomplish David’s greatness…I can be obedient and do what God wants me to do.

P-Oh God, forgive me for my frailties, and help me to be an obedient and loving daughter…I want to please You …I want You to be able to say of me “She is a woman after my own heart.”

No comments:

Post a Comment