Saturday, October 1, 2011

Sowing Tears

Saturday, 1-10, 2011 – Zech. 10-12; Ps. 126; Lk. 14

S=Scripture; O=Observation; A=Application; P=Prayer

Sowing Tears

S – Psalm 126:5 Those who sow in tears Shall reap in joy.”

O – The Psalmist is saying the sowing of tears will bring forth a harvest of joy.

A – The concept of sowing and reaping is not a new one. The Lord speaks of sowing and reaping in His word throughout the scriptures, but one I hadn’t thought about in a long time is the sowing of my tears. In the physical realm tears are very important, they keep your eyes from becoming dry. When the eyes are dry we are unable to see clearly. Our vision is blurry and things aren’t visualized clearly. If we get some form of dirt or debris in our eyes, tears begin to form to cleanse the eye and wash the debris away. Tears are physically important. Then there are our tears that have spiritual importance. Tears are a language in of themselves and are understood by the Lord. Spurgeon call tears “liquid prayer”. We cry tears when we are sorrowful, repentant, desperate, travailing in prayer, and yes even joyful. I would venture to say the Lord leans forward a little closer when tears are present in prayer. How important are your tears? The Word tells us they are so precious He gathers them up and places them in a vile. Speaking for myself I find the tears that I have sown in times past brought forth many healings, cleansings, and maybe the most important of all to me was the salvation of my loved ones and friends. A harvest of “joy”? You betcha!

P – Heavenly Father thank you for showing me the value of my tears. When I can’t speak or form into words what I want to say my tears are understood and known by you and speak for me in ways that only you can understand. What an awesome God you are. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment