Thursday, September 29, 2011

"Mondy Bags"

September 29, 2011
Zech. 4-6; Luke 12
“Money Bags”
S: Luke 12: Sell what you have and give alms, provide yourselves with money bags which do not grow old, a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches nor moth destroys.
O: Jesus is speaking with His disciples about seeking the Kingdom of God. It is not through possessions, it is through our Father’s love for us. We just need to accept it and believe.
A: I just really like my new shoes that go with this great pair of jeans I just bought. Oh, and I have the perfect earrings now to go with that new dress. Admittedly, I get caught up in my possessions – especially jewelry, handbags and hats. Putting those aside though, my attention turns to where it matters – seeking God. God knows what I need and it is definitely not another pair of shoes. When He tells me to sell what I have – why don’t I take my extras, sell them and use the proceeds to give to those without. Why don’t I take all the change I hoard in a vase and use it for the good of others? While I’m at it, why don’t I rely on God for what I need; skip the “I wants” and go against the materialistic nature of our world? I have a roof over my head, clothes on my back and food in my fridge. God has provided. I seek the real treasure from my “money bags,” that which no one can ever steal from me – it’s mine to lose.
P: Father in Heaven, I know what I want but You know what I need and You provide. I thank you for your many blessings granted to me and those I am able to share. Teach me to trust in You always Lord. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment