Thursday, September 22, 2011

Packaging

September 22, 2011

S: Luke 5:32 “I have not come to call the righteous but sinners, to repentance.
O: Jesus had just finished dinner with tax collectors. The tax collectors were considered as lowly in class as sinners – at least by the Pharisees – who are critical of Our Lord's choice of dinner companions.

A: Do as I say – not as I do. But no shouldn’t it be that what we say and believe is what we do? We need to work hard each day to follow the lead of Jesus. He sat himself down right smack in the middle of these sinners, zealously working to bring them into the light. By placing Himself with them, by breaking bread with them, He worked to gain their trust so He could save them. So I ask myself – how many times have I passed up opportunities to bring the light and love of Christ to someone? When I choose snobbery over caring for people, am I of better character than the judgmental Pharisees? If I want God to use me, I can’t cherry-pick the projects! I am to open my heart – easier said than done in my case – and hear the call to serve as Jesus did.

P: Father God, your son Jesus is the perfect example to follow. Let not my human weakness get in my way of reaching out to those in need. I pray I see the opportunities in front of me – whether or not I like the packaging! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment