Saturday, September 10, 2011

Wait For Him

Saturday, 9-10, 2011 – Lam. 3-5; Rev. 15

S=Scripture; O=Observation; A=Application; P=Prayer

Wait For Him

S – Lam. 3:25 “The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, To the soul who seeks Him.”

O – I am reminded that as I prayerfully look to the Lord for any of my needs or the needs of others, I can expect good things from Him and, I can expect a good outcome of any situation, as I wait on Him.

A – I think of that commercial of the people who sustained some sort of injury popping their heads out the window yelling out to all the world, “It’s my money and I want it now!” We live in the microwave generation, instant gratification. We seem to have lost the art of patiently waiting and travailing in prayer. Although the Lord can instantly deliver us from whatever situation we find ourselves He doesn’t always. There are given situations when answers cannot be instant when only over the course of time can the answers come. In these kinds of situations we can only wait it out and yes, travail in prayer, but in our travailing and in our waiting as we seek Him we can expect a good thing, a good result, a good response. It may take time, it may take a continual seeking after Him through the trial, through the situation, through the dilemma…but, wait for Him and while we wait we can expect a good response because the Lord is good to those who wait and to the soul who seeks after Him.

P – Heavenly Father for those of us who may be faced with problems so enormous there doesn’t seem to be a way out or an answer sufficient to help our cause or that will turn our situation around we turn to You and humbly ask for Your mercies. We wait and seek your face for our hope for a good thing is in You. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment