Saturday, September 3, 2011

The Fear of The Lord Is the Beginning Of Wisdom

Saturday, 11-3, 2011 – Ezek. 15,16; Ps. 111; Rev. 8

S=Scripture; O=Observation; A=Application; P=Prayer


S – Psalms 111:10 “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; A good understanding have all those who do His commandments. His praise endures forever.”

O – A life lived by following God’s commandments is wise.

A - Fear – Revere they go hand in hand. As a child I learned that my dad had rules. The first rule was that I was to obey my mother. Back then most mothers stayed at home. Now why is it that one doesn’t fear- revere their mother as much as their father? I would hear, “you wait till your father gets home!” Somewhere along the way I lacked wisdom! Now I loved my father and I knew my father loved me, but I feared the consequences of my disobedience and the disregard of His rules. Our Heavenly Father who loves us has also given us guidelines in His Holy Word that we as His children should obey. In so doing we will not suffer the consequences of our disobedience. The next part of the psalm reads, “A good understanding have all those who do His commandments.” My earthly father set up rules that were not too hard for me and they were for my good and well being. How much more does my Heavenly Father care for me by giving me, His commandments to be followed for my spiritual good and well being? The rest of the psalm says, “His praise endures forever.” When I did what was right, it pleased from my earthy father. When I choose to follow my heavenly Father’s commandments it pleases Him and brings praise to His name.


P – Heavenly Father thank you for instructing me in your ways. Life can be difficult, but if I choose to live by your commandments then I know I have made a wise choice. As your child, continue to give me a good understanding of your commandments to enable me to live a life pleasing to You and one that will bring You praise. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment