Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A SOLITARY PLACE

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 - Daniel 7,8; Psalm 137; Luke 4

S - Luke 4:42a At daybreak, Jesus went out to a solitary place.

O - Jesus retreated from all the people He taught and healed. He went away by Himself.

A - Jesus got away when He walked the earth. I've heard a lot of people say that they hate to be alone. But we read several times in the New Testament how Jesus would get away from the crowds. The crowds would always find Him though. But, I like to think that by the time they found Him, He had gotten what He needed - time alone with the Father. We don't read that Jesus told people to go away when they found Him. He attended to their need to be taught, healed and loved. He was ready for them.

P - Jesus, remind me to get away with You. I get so busy attending to others' needs that I forget to get away to truly rejuvenate. I thank You that You encourage retreats by Your example. Refresh me, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment