Sunday, September 4, 2011

Stand Up

Sunday September 4, 2011 – Ezekiel 22-24; Revelation 9

S: Ezekiel 22:30 – “I looked for someone to stand up for me against all this, to repair the defenses of this city, to take a stand for me and stand in the gap to protect this land so I wouldn’t have to destroy it. I couldn’t find anyone. Not one.
O: God appeared to Ezekiel and pointed out the sinful ways of the land. He searched for someone to stand in the gap; to protect the land and He couldn’t find anyone.
A: Will you be the one? Are you willing to stand in the gap for your land – your city, your town, your state, your country? As I read Ezekiel I find it difficult to tell the difference between the ancient lands Ezekiel talks about & the world that I live in today. Our nation today is becoming a godless nation too. Will our land be destroyed too? Not if we stand up and tell God “I will”. I will pray for my city, my town, my state, my country. I will show those around me how to live a life that makes a difference. During worship one day I heard God say that He was tired of the enemy being camped out in His City. Every City we live in is His. We can stand up for our City and make a difference. How? By praying. By reaching out to those in need in your City. By loving your neighbor as you love yourself and using every opportunity you have to tell someone about the love of Jesus and His plan for their lives. We don’t have to become a Godless nation. A mighty army exists to defend our cities, our nation. We are that army. We must choose to stand up – to stand in the gap for those that are lost.
P: Father God I will go. I will stand in the gap. Energize me Lord to win this battle for my City, my State, my Nation. It can be discouraging to look at what the world has become some days but Lord you have conquered the world; you have conquered death. Let’s declare our land YOURS today. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment