Monday, September 26, 2011

Pure Profit

Joann Geary
September 26, 2011 Ezra 4; Psalms 113, 127; Luke 9

S: Luke 24-25: For whoever desires to save his life will lose it; but whoever loses his life for My sake will save it. For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world and is himself destroyed or lost?

O: Jesus is discussing what it means to follow Him and be His disciple. One’s burdens and crosses must still be endured on a daily basis, along with hardships and suffering that may be caused by nonbelievers and enemies.

A: Actors are paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to appear in one episode of a television program. Actors are famous, fortunate and followed by admirers, some even longing to have the same wealth and lifestyle. Some are even quite envious of their material wealth. But where is the profit? What is the return on the investment? Jesus said “follow Me” and save your life! Jesus did not promise a rose garden – He even warned there would be suffering. He did promise eternal life in His Father’s kingdom. So I must ask myself, do I want to get rich quick scheme or shall I roll up my sleeves and work toward a higher goal?

P: Jesus with your blood you have given me riches beyond my imagination that no person on Earth could ever match. I thank you by choosing You and the life you promise and I accept you as my Lord and Savior. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment