Sunday, September 11, 2011

Constant Vigilance

Sunday, September 11, 2011 – Daniel 1, 2; Revelation 16

S: Revelation 16:15 – Behold, I am coming as a thief. Blessed is he who watches and keeps his garments, lest he walk naked and they see his shame.
O: The Lord will return at a time we don’t expect it; blessed are those who live in expectation of his return and aren’t caught naked for the world to see their shame.
A: Constant Vigilance. It is so easy to be lulled into believing that “I’ve got time”. I can still play in my sin a little. “Other people are doing it so why can’t I”. This is dangerous ground. The Word is full of warnings to us as believers that we must be ready; that He will come as a thief in the night. I remember when I had made it through my first year clean and sober I was at a meeting one night and this older gentleman called me to his side to give me some “advice”. I was so excited thinking that he was about to give me some profound wisdom on how to stay free from my addiction. This is what he said “Constant Vigilance”. It is time to stop living our lives as though we’ve got time. It’s time to get real and ask for help when we need it. It’s time to face off with those things in our lives that are hindering our walk. It’s time to live as though every day could be our last. It’s time to look at ourselves and ask “what am I doing for the Kingdom of God today”. Am I a good witness? Am I spreading the Word or the sickness of the world?
P: Father God examine my heart Lord. Reveal to me those areas of my life where I fall short. Change me Lord into the person YOU would have me be. Let me be found ready when you return – ready to dance with the lover of my soul into eternity. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment