Friday, September 9, 2011

DO WHAT’S RIGHT

Lamentations 1,2; Obadiah; Rev. 14
DO WHAT’S RIGHT

S=Scripture=Objective. A=Application, P=Prayer

S-Obadiah 15b “…As you have done, it will be done to you; your deeds will return upon your own head.”

O-Obadiah announces the destruction of Edom. The people felt safe for they lived in the mountain fortresses. They were proud full because they had many wise men among them.

A-When we see calamity, such as tropical storm Irene, and see and hear of the destruction to many families, neighbors and towns; how do we respond? Do we say…”well they were not very smart to build/buy homes so near the river.” Or do we reach out to them and help in any way we can, prayer, shelter, food, clean up? They are victims and do not need my judgment, but could benefit from my help. How would I want to be treated or looked after? Obadiah clearly says as I do, it will be done to me.

P-Father teach me to be kind and loving …to be quick to help my fellowman in times of need. Give me Your compassion, and love for this hurting world.

No comments:

Post a Comment