Wednesday, October 12, 2011

DO NOT GRIEVE

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 - Nehemiah 7,8; Act 1

S - Nehemiah 8:10b This day is holy to our Lord.  Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.

O - The Israelites were upset because God's Word was read to them and they realized they had been sinning greatly.  Nehemiah told them it wasn't a time to be sad.  God was happy that they finally understood.

A - God rejoices when we repent.  Yes, we are supposed to know that we have done wrong and we are supposed to regret it.  This can be painful when our eyes are opened to our own sins.  But, God has made a way for us to have our mourning turned to joy.  He loves it when we finally wake up!

P  - Lord, I thank You that You sent Your son to bear the punishment for my sins and that You forgive me and rejoice that I am yours!  Help me to point others to You.

No comments:

Post a Comment