Saturday, October 15, 2011

Being With Jesus

Saturday, Oct. 15, 2011 – Neh. 13; Mal. 1,2; Acts 4

S=Scripture; O=Observation; A=Application; P=Prayer

Being with Jesus

S – Acts 4:13 “Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were uneducated and untrained men, they marveled. And they realized that they had been with Jesus”.

O – Peter and John are boldly speaking out to the Sanhedrin about Jesus and the things of God.

A – Boldness…I don’t always seem to have it. There are times when I am in a store or some public place where I would feel the need to share the gospel to some stranger, but then I would shy away. Maybe the missing person here is the Holy Spirit. Did I take the time that morning to be in His presence and be refilled by His power in preparation of the day? He doesn’t require me to stand on a box shouting out to a crowd (although maybe someday He may) but, He does desire that I extend the love of God towards those that He died for and if possible share the gospel to those who will listen. Not everyone is called to be an evangelist, but everyone who is called by His name needs to receive the power of His Holy Spirit to boldly proclaim His name, and this kind of power and boldness can only come from daily walking and being with Jesus through the presence of Holy Spirit.

P – Lord I need to walk with you daily. I ask for a closer walk with you. I ask that I be empowered by your Holy Spirit to proclaim to all men the goodness and salvation of God. There are so many false gods and teachings in the world. Give me the boldness I require to share the gospel of Jesus Christ so that all will know that you are the One True God and there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment