Monday, October 3, 2011

It Matters

October 3, 2011

Ezra 5, 6; Psalm 138; Luke 16

S: Luke 16:10 “He who is faithful in what is lease is faithful also in much, and he who is unjust in what is least is unjust also in much.”

O: Christ is talking with His disciples. He is telling them that it is how one treats the little, mundane matters with faith and justness that show how we will be with the big stuff.

A: How many things do I do during the day that I don’t even think about? If I’m late for work and driving along, will I stop to let someone cross the street or will I run the red light just to gain a few seconds? When I am shopping and decide I don’t want the ice cream, do I just put it down wherever I may be in the store or do I go back and put it in the freezer? Do I set aside my tithe first or go spend that on something frivolous? These are the daily tests that are set before me that I must pass. If I can’t handle the “small stuff” how can I expect God to use me for what matters to Him? How will I learn His plan for me if I can’t successfully tackle the little daily affairs set before me? I want Him to be able to use me for His purposes. I need to be faithful – do what I am to do and know that it matters to Him.

P: Father, I don’t do things to please others; I do to please You. I pray that my faithfulness in the least of what matters will bring me to serve You in Your plans and purposes. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment