Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Promise

October 13, 2011 Nehemiah 9, 10; Acts 2

S=Scripture; O=Observation; A=Application; P=Prayer

S: Acts 2:39 “For the promise is to you and your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call.

O: Peter is pleading with the people to repent of their sinful ways, to turn away from that type of life. He wants them to turn to God by accepting Jesus, by being baptized in His name, and receiving forgiveness and the Holy Spirit. Peter tells them this is a promise not only for them, but for their children and any who heed God’s call.

A: What a promise God has made to me! I am sure I don’t deserve it. How many times have I said I won’t do that again, or this is definitely the last time for this – only to find myself doing it – again! Our God is awesome and He is so good to us. He forgives! He loves! He calls us and He promises and he does not break His promises. I’m sure I’ve broken a promise in my lifetime. How wonderful for me and you that we can be forgiven and have His promises! Just answer the call.

P: Father, You have promised me forgiveness and the gift of the Holy Spirit. I promise my love and devotion to You and Your son. Please forgive me when I fail to remember my promise, for I am only human. But for the blood of Your son Jesus – I am saved! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment