Sunday, November 20, 2011

The No Judgment Zone

Sunday, November 20, 2011 – Matthew 5-7

S: Matthew 7:3 – And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye but do not consider the plank in your own?
O: Jesus is asking why we judge and criticize others over some small, petty matter yet do nothing to identify the sin in our own lives.
A: It is our sinful nature that desires to be a little bit better than the next person and if we spend our time focused on the sin in other people’s lives than we don’t have to look at the sin in our own lives. After all focusing on sin in other people is far less painful that that look in the mirror can be. But it is my heart that Jesus wants to change and truth be told if I truly focused all my energy on getting my own heart right……I would have no time to focus on anyone else. I would much rather be a person that calls out the gold in those around me than one who calls out the dross.
P: Father God forgive me for judging others. I am far from perfect. Purify my heart Lord that I may better serve those around me; that you may find my walk a pleasing offering. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment