Saturday, November 12, 2011

Members of the Body

Saturday, 11-12, 2011 – Job 37, 38: I Cor. 12

S=Scripture; O=Observation; A=Application; P=Prayer

“Members of the Body”

S – I Cor. 12:23 “And those members of the body which we think to be less honorable, on these we bestow greater honor; and our unpresentable parts have greater modesty.”

O – Paul explains to the Corinthians that each member of our body although they may appear weaker are necessary. Each has its place of importance for the whole body to function in unity.

A – We can convince ourselves that the things we do and our participation in the church body is insignificant and unimportant. Paul is telling us nothing can be further from the truth where each member of the Body is concerned. Whatever part I may play or you may play, in the Body of Christ each of us are important, significant, necessary one to the other. For those of us whose thoughts may turn to what I do is so small, Paul tells us great honor is bestowed. I believe in the end, our faithfulness in what He has called us to will count and will be rewarded.

P- Lord help me to remember that as a member of the body of Christ, whatever I am called to do is useful and purposeful for the unity of the body. Whether I am called to teach a Sunday school class, lead a Bible study or asked to assist in the minor details of an event each of us are needed and important to the other. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment