Monday, November 7, 2011

Untangled

Job 31, 32 Galatians 5, 6

S: Galatians 5:1 Stand fast, therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free and do not be entangled again with a yoke of burden.

O: Paul is striving to convince the Galatian people that by following Christ and living under God’s grace, there they will find true freedom from bondage, all paid for by Christ’s sacrifice.

A: Laws guides us with legal problems. Sports and games are played according to rules. How-to-books exist from A to Z. Government regulations guide banks, utilities and corporations as they do business. Religions have rules too – the do’s and don’ts to lead a good and righteous life in order to earn a just reward. The thing is – this is the one area I don’t need to worry about because that yoke came off when Christ went up on the cross. His sacrifice freed me and gave me the liberty to be in and have God’s grace. I don’t have to earn it – in fact, I can’t. It doesn’t give me free reign though to do as I please – then I would become a slave to the rules and regulations of the enemy.

P: Father God thank you for my freedom. Jesus thank you for your sacrifice that earned my freedom. I don’t have to be worthy of it – I just have to be yours. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment