Wednesday, February 17, 2010

INTEGRITY

by Vivian Bills

Wednesday - 2/17/2010 - Numbers 1,2; Acts 24


S - Acts 24:16 (NIV) So I strive always to keep my conscience clear before God and man.

O - Paul was speaking to the governor, Felix, about his faith. What else could he do but be himself? The accusers were lying about him, so all he could do was present himself and say, "This is who I am."

A - A long time ago a friend repeated an accusation to me that one Christian had claimed about another. And without choosing sides, I asked my friend to tell me, of those two persons, the accused and the accuser, which one walked in forgiveness, which one demonstrated love, which one lived without anger and strove for peace? There was a clear distinction. The accuser did not walk as Christ did and the accused so obviously did. So which one was more likely to be telling the truth?

P - Lord, help me to live for You in such a way, with such truth and integrity, that false accusations would be seen as false because of who I am in You.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like you had a "word of wisdom" whith your comment!

    ReplyDelete