Thursday, February 4, 2010

An Obedient Heart

Acts 11:18. S - ...God has broken through to the other nations, opened them up to life.

O: Due to the obedience of a disciple who followed the urging of the Holy Spirit the gift of salvation was given to the nations. As a result, even people who were not Jewish were able to receive God's life-changing salvation.

A: How obedient am I? Am I listening for that still, small voice? Am I open to the urgings of the Holy Spirit in my life today? or am I too busy, too pre-occupied, to afraid that I might look like a fool if I react with obedience to what I am being asked to do? is God having to find someone else to do what he had set out for me to do? I don't want to miss a single opportunity to walk in the plan that God has for my life. I want that willingness to look foolish for God if that is what he requires of me today.

P: Oh Father God I thank you for your love and for second chances. Grant me the willingness to listen intently to your whisper and react with obedience no matter the situation. Strip me of my pride Lord God and grant me the humility to be willing to look foolish for you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment