Tuesday, February 16, 2010

TAKE COURAGE!

by Cathy Weymouth

Tuesday 2/16/10 Leviticus 26,27; Acts23  TAKE COURAGE!

S- Acts 23:11 NIV/MSG The following night the Lord stood near Paul and said, "Take courage!  It's going to be all right.  Everything is going to turn out for the best."

O- Paul was experiencing great persecution.  He had been beaten, put in jail, placed before the Sanhedrin where they argued over him.  The Lord met with him and gave him a word of encouragment.  He also spoke direction to him, "You've been a good witness for me here in Jerusalem.  Now you're going to be my witness in Rome!" (v11 MSG).  

A- Before reading today's scriptures, I had a discussion with a friend this morning during which I realized I am going to need to step out and do something difficult.  I admitted to my friend I am totally afraid and that I need courage. I even said, "I need to head to Oz first before I can do this! I wonder if the lion will come with me as he needs courage too!" My friend replied that I need "heavenly courage!" Exactly! Then I read this verse above... the Lord is so amazing!  I knew He'd have something for me.  Wow, if we ever think He isn't attentive, maybe we aren't watching closely enough!!

P- Father, thank you for your word to me to take courage and that it will all work out for the best.  I needed that promise.  Hearing from you gives me the courage to move forward. Knowing that you are with me and attentive to what I am going through makes all the difference.  Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment