Saturday, February 20, 2010

Not in Control, But not Alone

S - Acts 27:10-11 - Paul advised them saying, "Men, I perceive that this voyage will end with disaster and much loss, not only of the cargo and ship, but also our lives. " Nevertheless, the centurion was more persuaded by the helmsman and the owner of the ship that by the things spoken by Paul.

O - Paul perceives danger and gives advice but his advice is rejected. He is in a boat with others who are not listening to him and not making good decisions, decisions that effect his well-being. He is not in control of the others or of his circumstances, but God is in control. He was able to have peace and encourage others because in the midst of the storm, he heard God's voice and operated in two spiritual gifts: the word of knowledge and the word of wisdom. He was able to tell them that not one life would be lost and he was also able to give them wise timely advice because in the midst of the storm, he did not choose unbelief. He chose to believe the God who was with him.

A - When I am not in control of the behavior of others, when I am not listened to, when the storms of life come, ... I will trust you, Lord, and listen for your voice.

P - Lord, help me to draw near to you in ever-increasing faith, knowing that you are with me in every storm and trial. You are "the God to whom I belong". Help me to put my trust in You and to hear your voice and be a blessing to those around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment