Saturday, May 15, 2010

Pleasing God

S- 1 Thessalonians 4:1b - "...how you ought to walk and to please God."

0 - The word walk refers to the Christian life. Some of the basics of the Christian life are faith, forgiveness, loving God and others, thankfulness, integrity and sexual purity. Faith in God is how we begin our walk with God and is still a daily choice. Love, thankfulness, integrity and sexual purity are also choices we need to make.

A - I can choose to walk in God's way. I can choose to live a life that is pleasing to God by choosing the way of faith, love, forgiveness, integrity and sexual purity. I choose to avoid situations that would put me in the place of temptation.

P - Lord, help me, empower me, strengthen me to walk with You in your way, because I want to live a life that pleases you. I know that temptation is real and humanity is weak, so I pray for myself and for fellow Christians for your wisdom, grace and strengh. I pray too for repentance and forgiveness and restoration for all who once lived pleasing to you, but who have strayed from that path.

No comments:

Post a Comment