Saturday, May 29, 2010

We are people of influence

S- Proverbs 10:1 - "He who heeds discipline shows the way to life, but whoever ignores correction leads others astray."

O - We are all leaders whether we realize it or not. Our most powerful communication is not our words, but how we live our lives. Whether we realize it or not, our attitudes and behaviors will either show the way to life or lead others astray. That is a lot of responsibility but the good news is that we don't have to be perfect to show the way to life. We need to exhibit a teachable hungry heart that responds to correction. My principal said to me recently that it is a "growth" model, rather than a pass/fail model. I think that applies here too. People don't need to see perfection. They need to see a life of growth and seeking.

A - I will remember today that the people around me are influenced by my actions, attitudes and words.

P - May the way I live, and the words I say, help others today.

No comments:

Post a Comment