Tuesday, May 11, 2010

STRONG IN THE RESISTANCE

by Cathy Weymouth

Tuesday 5/11/10 - 2 Sam 19,20; Ps 55; Mt 28 STRONG IN THE RESISTANCE

S - 2 Sam 20:2 So all the men of Israel deserted David to follow Sheba son of Bicri.  But the men of Judah stayed by their king all the way from the Jordan to Jerusalem. Psalm 55:16,17,18,22 But I call to God, and the Lord saves me.  Evening, morning and noon I cry out in distress, and he hears my voice.  He ransoms me unharmed from the battle waged against me, even though many oppose me. Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you.

O - As I have read about David's life for the past month, I see how much he was resisted. My gosh! He was chosen as King and all the trouble began.  He was hounded and chased by Saul, his own son Absalom tried to get him off the throne; now Sheba is doing the same thing. But in all this opposition, David always knew where to turn... to his Lord.

A - When God calls us to an assignment, the road may not be easy - we may experience much opposition.  Some may doubt God's call then, others may give up because the price is too much.  Instead, let's be like David. Let's be strong, pushing through every opposition, determined to live out our call, refusing to let things stop us. And at the same time, let's be sensitive and closely dependent upon and trusting our Lord - knowing that this is the only way we can do all God's called us to do.

P - Father, I ask you to make us strong warriors in your kingdom. I pray that we never give up when the way gets hard. I pray that difficulty will simply drive us on our knees to You.  I pray that we be like David - men and women after God's own heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment