Friday, April 15, 2011

1Samuel 17; Psalm 9; Matthew 2

THE BATTLE BELONGS TO THE LORD
S--1Samuel 17:45 “David said, “You come against me with sword, spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the Lord.”
O--Young David challenges the giant warrior, Goliath, with only a sling shot and stones.

A--David was trusting in his God…but his brothers and country men were making fun of his small stature. In vs. 47 David says “…all will know that it is not by sword or spear that the Lord saves, for the battle is the Lord’s. David loved God and completely trusted Him. David, a shepherd boy, spent much of his days tending sheep, and worshiping God…He knew his God and knew that He was trustworthy. How much time do we spend worrying about the daily things we deal with; finances, health, family etc. We make the battle ours and struggle until we come to the end of ourselves… then realize that the battle is the Lord’s. If I, like David really knew my God, then I would be more inclined to trust Him. Life would be simpler and more enjoyable if we would just trust God completely.

P--Father, I acknowledge that You are God and that You are more than able to protect and keep me. Forgive me for my lack of faith and help me to trust You with all aspects of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment