Saturday, April 30, 2011

The Beloved Son

S - Matt 17:5 - While he was speaking, a bright cloud enveloped them, and a voice from the cloud said, "This is my Son, whom I love: with Him, I am well please. Listen to Him!"

O - Jesus is the Son of God; he is the bleloved Son, who gave his life for us, so that we too could become the beloved children of God. God sees us and is pleased, because we are "in Christ". We are in the beloved Son. Col 1:22 says "But now he has reconciled you by Christ's physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation." Wow! That is what I call good news! I am without blemish in God's eyes and free from accusation before Him. God is for me and I will listen to him and his word, not the words of the accuser.

A - My focus is on Christ, not me. I will listen to Him and trust in Him, and I will focus on his righteousness in me.

P - Lord, thank you for such a great salvation! Thank you that Jesus lived a holy life and paid the price for me. Thank you that I am now your beloved child and that I am free from judgment and accusation. Thank you that the power of judgment has been destroyed by the power of the Beloved Son.

No comments:

Post a Comment