Tuesday, April 12, 2011

WHAT IS GRACE, ANYWAY?

by Cathy Weymouth


Tuesday 4/12/11 - 1 Sam 13; 1 Chr 2,3; 2 Cor 12 - WHAT IS GRACE, ANYWAY?

S - 1 Cor 12: 7-9 MSG, Because of the extravagance of those revelations, and so I wouldn't get a big head, I was given the gift of a handicap to keep me in constant touch with my limitations. Satan's angel did his best to get me down; what he in fact did was push me to my knees. No danger then of walking around high and mighty! At first I didn't think of it as a gift, and begged God to remove it. Three times I did that, and then he told me,  "My grace is enough; it's all you need. My strength comes into its own in your weakness."

O - Paul was given great revelations from the Lord Jesus himself.  To keep him humble, the Lord blessed him with "the gift of a handicap." This kept Paul dependent upon the Lord.

A - I am reading about the Grace Walk in a book titled, Grace Rules.  We cannot live the Christian life - only Jesus can.  What is Grace? It is receiving something we don't deserve - receiving the Life of Christ within us in the form of the Holy Spirit.  Grace is the gift of His life.  Now, I don't have to live the Christian life; I need to become dependent upon Him in me to live it. God used Paul's handicap to teach him this principle.

P - Father, forgive us for trying to live the life ourselves. Thanks for the gift of handicaps that remind us that we are weak and you are strong and that we have You in us - You wanting to express Your life through our weak ones.  Go for it, Lord!  May it be true of us as it was of Paul, who said in verse 10, "I just let Christ take over! And so the weaker I get, the stronger I become."

No comments:

Post a Comment