Sunday, April 24, 2011

REST

S: -Matthew 11:28 – Come to me all you who labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest.
O: Jesus is our rest from the burdens and troubles of this world.
A: There was a time in my life when I tried to “Do” life on my terms; without anyone’s help. My best efforts brought to me a place of surrender only when I couldn’t live with the pain any longer. I didn’t come seeking a relationship with God. I came because I couldn’t stand the pain. I was at a point where I would have done anything to make the pain stop. It didn’t take long before I was faced with a dilemma. Full of shame and guilt for the way I had been living my life I came face to face with the reality that the only way to freedom for me was at the foot of the cross. I was not worthy. I did not deserve it. I surrendered and left my sin at the foot of that cross and in return I received the rest that only Jesus can give and he didn’t ask for anything in return. The most precious gift in this world was given to me free of charge.
P: Father God thank you for the cross. Thank you for loving me when I was less than loveable. I surrendered my ways and accepted yours and was given rest. Father God I pray today that you will empty me of all that is me and fill me with you. Use me to bring others who need rest to the foot of the cross where your son gave his all that we might have life.

No comments:

Post a Comment