Wednesday, April 27, 2011

LORD, SAVE ME!

by Vivian Bills

Wednesday - April 27, 2011 - 2 Samuel 2; 1 Chronicles 11; Psalm 142; Matthew 14

S - Matthew 14:30 But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, "Lord, save me!"

O - Peter was actually walking on water toward Jesus when he stepped into a crisis of faith.

A - I've done it and I've seen others do it. I'll be stepping out with faith as big as a mountain and then I come up against something that makes my faith waiver and doubt creeps in. Did God really tell me to do this? Or was it just me getting all emotional? I know it seems like it's working now but I don't see how and I can't sustain this and oh Lord, save me! And He does. And He doesn't get mad at me or rebuke me - but just like with Peter, He asks me, "why did you doubt?"

P - Oh, Jesus, when adversity comes and I feel like I'm sinking, increase my faith! Lord, save me!

No comments:

Post a Comment