Wednesday, April 20, 2011

BONFIRE

by Vivian Bills


Wednesday - April 20, 2011 - 1 Samuel 23; Psalm 31,54; Matthew 7


S - Matthew 7:5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from the other person's eye.

O - Jesus is telling us to not judge other people and criticize them. Instead, we are to look at our own behavior and actions and take care of them.

A - I think I may spend the rest of my life taking planks out of my eyes. There's a bonfire in my spiritual backyard and it seems to never run out of fuel. But I don't take a plank (a fault, a sin) and beat myself up with it. I take it and burn it - I don't save it for a time when it might be "useful." It's useful right now to fuel this fire burning in my soul to get closer to the heart of God.

P - Lord, provide the fire to burn up all the planks in my life that keep me from seeing you in all your glory.

1 comment:

  1. What a superb illustration! I could see very clearly what God had revealed to you about the bonfire that fuels the passion. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete