Friday, April 1, 2011

Judges 11-12, Psalm 50; 2Corinthians 1

BRANDED
S--2Corinthians 1:21b-22 “He has anointed us, set His seal of ownership on us, and put His Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.”
O--Paul is writing to the church in Corinth.

A--When a rancher purchases cattle he quickly puts his brand on them, declaring his ownership. Should the cattle be stolen or lost, they can be identified by the “seal” or brand that has been stamped on them.

A--cont. When I walked away from God, I struggled and floundered, forgetting who I was and to Whom I belonged. When I looked into the mirror pass the sin, shame and confusion I saw the seal He had placed on me in the form of UNCONDITIONAL LOVE, and that is what compelled me to return to my loving Father.

P--Lord, thank You for putting your seal of ownership on us. Thank You for Your unconditional, and compelling love. Thank You for Your generous grace, forgiveness and restorative power. You are such a great God.

No comments:

Post a Comment