Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Vindication and Refuge

Tuesday 4/19/2011  1 Sam 22; Psalm 17,35; Matthew 6 - Vindication and Refuge

S - Psalm 35:1,  Contend, O Lord, with those who contend with me; fight against those who fight against me... Psalm 35:2,7,8, May my vindication come from You; may your eyes see what is right.  Show the wonder of your great love, you who save by your right hand those who take refuge in you from their foes. Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings.

O - The Lord is our refuge when false accusations come.  He is the One I must hide in, tucked right there under His wing.

A - The God who Sees (El Roi) is the one who sees when enemies come prowling around.  It's hard to remember sometimes who the real enemy is - Satan and his cohorts.  I think many of us carry responsibilities for things that we really are not responsible for - and then we carry the blame as well. A double whammy. Where can we go with all this? Into the arms of our Savior and Father who love us so much.

P - Lord, hide me in the shadow of your wings today.  Protect me, cover me, save me. You promise to save me if I take refuge in You from my foes.  Come today Lord and save me.

No comments:

Post a Comment