Sunday, April 3, 2011

Transform Me

S: 2 Corinthians 3:17 – But we all with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror, the glory of the Lord are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.
O: We are being transformed into the very same image of the Lord through the Holy Spirit at work in us.
A: Moses would ascend the mountain and spend time with the Lord and when he returned he would glow with the glory of the Lord. The Israelites had Moses cover his face with a veil when he would come down from the mountain as they could not look at him because the glory was so intense. Years later Jesus came and introduced us to a personal relationship with God where we no longer needed someone else to go to the Lord for us but we could have a one on one, personal relationship with God. Jesus came to bring us life. To die for our sins. To grant us direct access to our Father in Heaven. Jesus is alive in each and every one of us. If we submit to the leading of the Holy Spirit and completely surrender to what God has for us we will be transformed. I cannot spend time in the word or spend time with the Lord without being changed by it. Most times I may not notice the change but every action I take that furthers my relationship with Jesus is changing me, is molding me into the person I am called to be. Those times when I find myself face down before the Lord I often leave knowing that there has been a change in me, a lesson learned, a passion lit. There was a time in my life when I could not look in a mirror because the image that stared back at me was too awful to bear. Oh the outsides looked alright but I couldn’t look myself in the eyes because my eyes showed the true condition of my soul. I was not the person I wanted to be. I was mean. The list of people I had hurt in my short time on this earth was as long as my arm. But Jesus. Jesus came into my life like a hurricane, loved me when I couldn’t love myself and began a process of transformation that continues to this day. This morning I looked at myself in the mirror and I smiled. There is still much work to be done but today I belong to Jesus and my heart’s desire is that someday I will start to look a little bit like him.
P: Father God I surrender everything in me. Every part of my life. My marriage. My children. My finances. My family. My ministry. My heart. Every thought. I lay it all down before you. Clean me up Lord. Make me new. Transform me into the person you want me to be. I want to live every day for the rest of my life for you and you alone. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment