Thursday, April 7, 2011

Thursday April 7, 2011 "Get to Presents" 1 Sam. 1,2 Psalm 66, 2 Cor. 7

Thursday April 7, 2011
"Get to Presents"
1 Sam. 1,2 Psalm 66, 2 Cor. 7

Psalm 66: 15 (NIV) I will sacrifice fat animals to you an offering of rams; I will offer bulls and goals.
(MSG.) I'm bringing my prizes and presents to your house. I'm doing what I said I would do.

O- A time of coming together to shout out and celebrate our Lord, not only in words & song but in actions and sacrifices....in holiness and pure heart.
By the excitement in the people, I can tell this is a "Get to" opportunity to Bless.

A- I like the Message version because I think of when I go to a party or give someone a gift, it is out of joy, and with the purest of hearts. There is a big difference in when you "have to" buy someone a gift....it doesn't even feel like you are blessing them, it feels more of an obligation. But, when you "Get to" give or do something to someone, because our hearts truly wants to bless and extend gratitude and appreciation, that is the best type of blessing......Pure in Heart, and totally out of love. We don't give
our friends junk, but we try to choose something that will be meaningful and useful to bless their hearts. That is what the psalmist is saying here too.
The people came together in celebration and in joy. I can see in my minds eye when I read this, smiling faces and people dancing, and singing,
like a party. Celebrating the gift of the Lord's goodness in our lives.

P- Father keep the spirit of celebration and Joy in our hearts. Let us give with joyful hearts and contrite spirits and with a song and dance in our hearts
all that you ask, and above and beyond for the Glory of God. Thank you for carrying us, when the load is toooo heavy for us alone. You are
truly amazing gift, please teach us to never take that for granted, but to always have appreciation in our hearts for all you have done for us. Thank you for all of my "get to" opportunities:) Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment