Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Believing Rather Than Achieving!


By Cathy Weymouth

Tuesday 5/24/11 1 Kings 9; 2 Chronicles 8; Psalm 136; Romans 5 – Believing Rather Than Achieving!

S – Romans 5:17, For if, by the trespass of the one man, death reigned through that one man, how much more will those who receive God's abundant provision of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ.

O – Paul has been describing the fruitlessness of trying to achieve victory, success, peace, God's blessing, etc, through obeying the law. Finally, in this chapter, he reveals the true secret to reigning in this life as a Christian – it is by Receiving; by Believing rather than Achieving!

A – This particular verse has been a breakthrough verse for several Grace-Teachers I have been following. This is the verse that set them free to see the true difference of the New Covenant and helped them to break out from under the strain of “works mentality”. I sit under their teachings to find liberty myself from performance and rigid expectations of my own life. The secret to reigning in this life is in the RECEIVING of Grace and Righteousness! Receiving, not achieving! I am to be a sponge of what Jesus has already done for me! I don't have to do it myself; I just need to receive it.

P – Father, oh help us!! We so need this message of Grace. We have received the life of Jesus within us – and that is the ultimate Grace. I don't have to achieve what Jesus has already achieved for me. Phew! Help me to TRUST and RECEIVE instead of trying so hard to ACHIEVE. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment