Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Serving Brings Fruit

by Cathy Weymouth


Tuesday 5/3/2011 - 2 Samuel 7; 1 Chronicles 17; Psalm 2; Matthew 20 - Serving Brings Fruit

S - Matthew 20:26-28 JBP- Whoever among you wants to be great must become the servant of you all, and if he wants to be first among you he must be your slave - just as the Son of Man has not come to be served but to serve, and to give his life to set many others free."

O - The mother of two of the disciples asked Jesus if her sons could sit next to him when he became King.  This spurred upset among the other ten as well as an opportunity for Jesus to share the true walk of a Christian, which is to serve others.  Jesus used his own life as a demonstration - the Son of God come to become the King of the world but living the life of a servant rather than expecting to be served, as would be customary with a King.

A - Sometimes we lay down our lives to serve others - giving our life to set others free.  We watch and hunger to see the fruits of our labors.  Lately, I've been wondering about the fruit of my ministry; seems as though the enemy is out to discourage me.  But, now as I develop a new aspect of Tune the Temple that I pray and hope will bring increasing levels of freedom to Temple Tuners, I feet the Lord impressing me to continue pressing on - "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." (Gals 6:9).

P - Lord, You laid down your life to serve and set us free.  We follow in your footsteps.  I pray that our diligent work will indeed reap a harvest. I pray that if anyone is discouraged, that you will inspire them today - to continue on in their serving.  We need Your energy, inspiration, and longevity.  May we press on in serving and may there be abundant fruit from it, I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment